Many students are unaware of the different career-focused opportunities available to them. To provide authentic learning experiences that link academic, technical and professional skills and close the knowledge gap, Ohio has launched work-based learning experiences.
- Work-Based Learning
- State Supported Internships
- Senate Bill 166 – Tax Incentive for Work-based Learning
Business and education partners work together to evaluate and supervise the experience, which must be documented with training or learning plans and evaluation forms.
Experiential Learning Opportunities can come in many forms for both students and educators:
- Hands-on Workshops
- Job Shadow
- Pre-apprenticeships start with career exploration and career experience in high school. Apprenticeships build valuable skills and can lead to college and great careers.
- Find more information on work-based learning options in this overview!
- Watch the first of our Virtual SuccessBound series workshops on Apprenticeships (recorded May 2020)
- Additional resources: Apprentice webinar slides