CTE-26 and Pathway Resources
State of Ohio Initiatives
- CTE consultants (updated June 2022)
Ohio Transfer 36 (OT36)
- Today, students need to see a link between what they are learning and future work. Career Connections offer practical ways for teachers and school counselors, families and community members to show students, as early as in kindergarten, the types of careers possible for them.
- High Schools That Work (HSTW) is the nation’s first large-scale effort to jointly engage the cooperation of state and school leaders, teachers, students, parents and the community. The aim is to improve how high school students are prepared for work, careers and further education by enhancing curriculum and instruction at high school and middle-grade levels.
- Ohio high schools and career-technical centers can apply for grants to implement Advanced Career Pathways. The purpose of Advanced Career (AC) Grant is to support schools in deploying rigorous career and technical education programs of study.
- To support the education community in ensuring students in special populations and subgroups have meaningful access and are engaged in high-quality career-technical education programs, the Department has made ensuring an equitable education for each student is a priority.
- Improving Equity in CTE
Ambassador Workshop 2 Materials:
Advance CTE, With Learners, Not For Learners: A Toolkit for Elevating Learner Voice in CTE.
- Destigmatizing Career and Technical Education: Step One in Making CTE a Viable Option for All | by The Student Voice Forum | The Student Voice Forum
- Race Forward (2014, May 12). Chapter 1 – High School YouTube
The Heath Collaborative:
Did you miss the LIVE event on 4/19/22?
- Watch the recording! RECORDING
Please complete the survey if you participated LIVE or via RECORDING: SURVEY
(in conjunction with Junior Achievement Inspire to Hire Event)
- Event PPT
- Southwest Ohio Tech Prep (SWTP) Contact Info
- Submit questions about the event
- Event Survey – Please complete the survey if you attended the event
- More information on:
- Student Experienceships
- Teacher Externships
- Business Advisory Councils
- Hands-on workshops for classes/students by college faculty
- Other Southwest Tech Prep events
- Contact Southwest Tech Prep for how to get involved/connect/participate in any above.
March 17, 2021 – Recorded
Your 1st Healthcare Job
May 12, 2021 – Recording