AMIP Webinar: An Introduction to Modern Apprenticeships
Friday, May 21, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM (EDT)
Register at Eventbrite
About this event
- Finding it challenging to find people with the skills?
- Thinking the idea of apprenticeships out of reach?
- Tried but couldn’t figure out how to get started?
Join AMIP for our first of a series of conversations around the modern apprenticeship with Montez King, Director of NIMS, Rebecca DeMatteis, Program Administrator at Apprenticeship Ohio and others. We know that many manufacturers are confused by the current landscape of apprenticeships. Others have tried in the past to setup a partnership or program and it failed. And some have an old definition of what can be an apprenticeship.
In this webinar, we will introduce:
- How the modern apprenticeship has evolved
- Common paths to setting up an apprenticeship program in Cincinnati area manufacturers.
- The benefits of each type of program.
- Why manufacturers should be interested in apprenticeships for your organization.
- Resources available to support your program.
- Potential funding sources available.
The webinar will focus on providing information about pre-apprenticeships, industry recognized apprenticeships (IRAPs), and registered apprenticeships.