The Ohio College Tech Prep concept is a seamless, non-duplicative, integrated pathway of education and experience that starts in high school, continues through postsecondary and leads to success in the chosen technical career field.
Since 1991, Ohio has invested significantly in this concept and diligently worked to brand Tech Prep in Ohio on a national level. In 2013, the state transitioned all non-Tech Prep career-technical education programs to the high-quality College Tech Prep program standards. As a result, all career-technical education programs are synonymous with Tech Prep programs in Ohio.
Today, all programs are referenced as career-technical education programs. However, the Ohio College Tech Prep Regional Centers will preserve the integrity and well-established branding of Tech Prep by providing services in a professional manner that maintain the excellence inherent in Tech Prep.
Tech Prep Southwest Region Services
- Engage area employers in pathway development and student career exploration through shadowing, mentoring, mock interviews, work-based learning and apprenticeships
- Support curriculum teams to identify credit opportunity, target professional development and facilitate career tech program approval documentation
- Map alignment of secondary, postsecondary and employment opportunities considering course selection and expanded postsecondary options including adult education, apprenticeships, certificates and other employment training
- Support student transition to college and access to credit opportunities
- Collaborate with ODE and ODHE to share tools, resources and provide professional development
- Facilitate collaboration between college faculty and secondary instructors to close the gap between college expectations and secondary student preparation
- Expand student access to multiple postsecondary options