If you graduate from a career tech high school and continue your pathway at Cincinnati State, Southern State, Miami University, University of Cincinnati and other public colleges, you may be eligible to earn college credit for high school courses that match college learning outcomes. Advanced placement and early college credit shorten the time needed to earn a credential or degree reduce the cost of your college education.
According to Ohio law, students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits among Ohio’s public colleges and universities and equitable treatment in the application of credits to admissions and degree requirements.
- CTAG is the alignment between secondary and post-secondary career tech content
- CTAG credit is available for state-approved high school courses that match college course competencies.
- Credit is documented on a college transcript when the student enrolls in a college program that aligns to the high school career technical pathway.
- CTAG credit is described as advanced standing or transfer credit. It is ungraded and indicates student eligibility to by-pass introductory technical courses and start at a more advanced level.
Click HERE for more information on CTAGs and ITAGs
BILATERAL ARTICULATION AND REGIONAL AGREEMENTS
While CTAGS indicate state course alignment, bilateral articulation reflects local needs and partnerships. Cincinnati State faculty collaborate with secondary instructors to create strong educational partnerships that reflect area job demand. Bilateral articulated credit reflects this collaboration and regionally- specific course credit opportunity.
- Bilateral articulation addresses unique local needs and/or situations
- A bilateral agreement between a high school or district and a Cincinnati State program specifies credit availability and qualifications
- Upon student matriculation to Cincinnati State, bilateral college credit is awarded based on a test, certification by high school instructor or postsecondary program chair recommendation.
- Credit is recognized on a college transcript as advanced standing or transfer credit. It is ungraded and indicates student eligibility to by-pass introductory technical courses and start at a more advanced level.
- Regional Agreements are like Bilateral Articulation Agreements except they are valid for all programs/courses meeting the criteria in the region.
Click HERE for current Southwest Region Bilateral Agreements
COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS
Ohio’s College Credit Plus can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university College Credit Plus is free. College Credit Plus is free for all public school students who wish to attend a public Ohio university or college. There may be fees for homeschooled students, or students that wish to attend a private university of college.
Click HERE for more information on College Credit Plus
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR CREDIT
- Industry Recognized Credential Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for the attainment of approved industry-recognized credentials
- One-Year Option – Provides guaranteed transfer of technical credit to be applied to an Associate of Technical Study for the completion of a career-technical program at an Ohio Technical Center or career-technical high school and attainment of an industry-recognized credential
- Ohio Transfer 36 – Provides guaranteed transfer of general education coursework among Ohio’s public institutions
- Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for specific pre-major/beginning major coursework
- Military Transfer Assurance Guides – Provides guaranteed transfer credit for education completed through the military
- Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways – Provide a clear path to associate degree completion and then to bachelor’s degree completion in a related major
GUIDANCE IS AVAILABLE
Credit opportunity varies by high school and college program. For information, contact Southwest Tech Prep.